We are looking for this year’s “A Christmas Carol” kids very soon, and I personally can’t wait to see all the talented kids we have in the Rochester area! “Carol” kid auditions are a great way to get your son or daughter involved in the arts, and it’s fun too. We two casts of kids so there are plenty of parts available. If you’re interested in auditioning, or if you know of a little one itching to get onstage then check out the info below regarding audition requirements:
- Auditions will be held at the theatre in Wilson Hall on the campus of Oakland University on Saturday morning, September 12.
- School-aged children who will not have reached their 14th birthday before October 20 (1st day of rehearsal) may audition.
- Children interested in auditioning should arrive at the lobby of the theatre starting at 9 am to sign in. There are not individually scheduled audition appointments.
- They will be reading from the script in groups onstage. No prepared pieces, singing or dancing required at this audition. While not necessary, bring a copy of your resume, if you have one. Please do bring a photo that you do not need returned. It need not be a professional headshot; a school picture is fine.
- Rehearsals for “A Christmas Carol” will be after school and on weekends with Monday as a day off.
- Performances with many schoolday matinees begin November 12 and end December 20. Each child’s role will be double-cast with each actor scheduled for half of the 44 performances.
- For more information, you may call 248-370-3308.