Hope everyone is ready for another season! I hope that you all are as excited about this season as we are. We have some many
great shows coming up! First up is Around the World in 80 Days! It is a fast-paced comedy with 5 actors playing 39 different roles! In keeping with that, here are some interesting facts about Jules Verne.
Did you know:
- Jules Verne began writing for operas!
- His father did not like him working in the theatre, so to please his father he became a stockbroker! Although he hated this, he was quite good at it.
- He spent a lot of time with Alexander Dumas and Victor Hugo to gain writing advise.
- Around the World in 80 Days was based on the true story of George Francs. George however, did the journey in double that.
- The first electric submarine was created in 1886. It was named after Verne’s submarine in his book 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It was called The Nautilus.
- Verne wrote a book entitled Paris in the 20th Century. It feature high-speed trains, glass skyscrapers, and calculators. It was weirdly accurate. However it was never published. Until 1989, when Verne’s great-grandson found it in a safe.
- Verne wrote and had published 1 book a year for 40 years.
- In 1886 he was shot in the leg by his mentally-ill nephew, Gaston. This left him with limp for the rest of his life. Jules Verne died in 1905 of diabetes.
So there you have it! Thanks for reading!
STAY TUNED FOR SOME EXCITING NEWS…
Casey S. Hibbert©